Patrick J. Flynn, Duda Family Professor of Engineering at the University of Notre Dame, has been appointed interim director of Notre Dame California by Provost Thomas G. Burish. Flynn succeeds Gregory P. Crawford, who assumed the presidency of Miami University on July 1. Read More
If you have questions about patenting and licensing please visit our OTT on-Demand site.
This new site is full of information regarding the patent and commercialization process.
OTT supports the mission of Notre Dame Research in managing the University's intellectual property portfolio. It also supports Notre Dame Research Administration in reviewing and executing on award terms affecting intellectual property.
The University of Notre Dame will attend the 2016 BIO International Convention, which is hosted by the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) from June 6 - 9, 2016 in San Francisco. Represented Notre Dame Research groups at the event include the Harper Cancer Research Institute (HCRI), the Center for Nano Science and Technology (NDnano), as well as Technology Transfer. Read More
It can be a difficult decision to go back to school, especially when it will take time out of building your company. The 12 months spent in ESTEEM, however, will save you countless days, hours, and even months of spinning your wheels without progress. Read More
Office Mission and Functions
Mission: The mission of the Office of Technology Transfer (OTT) is help Notre Dame researchers turn great ideas into great products and services, so they may benefit society and help the University realize its call to be a “powerful means for doing good”
Functions: To achieve its mission and goals, OTT serves to:
- work with Notre Dame faculty to identify useful new technologies
- for each new technology, answer the fundamental questions: What is it good for (what are the commercial applications?) and Who cares? (who would use a product based on the technology? who would make it? who would sell it?
- evaluate technical feasibility and market potential for each commercial application
- identify possible commercial partners and solicit direct market feedback
- identify legal protections (patents, copyrights or trade secrets) necessary to attract commercial investment
- engage potential commercial partners, whether through licensing or research collaborations